Coaching and Mentoring Development Programmes
Both coaching and mentoring are processes that enable both individual and corporate clients to achieve their full potential.
The services that TTM Associates provide on this front includes:
Where specific talents, senior managers and executives will have the luxury to select a coach / mentor among the many professional coaches we have.
Developing Coaches & Mentors Capacity
We are passionate believers in the value of skilled and personalized mentoring. It has now come to light that a significant number of senior managers need to receive mentoring training in order to disseminate knowledge and achieve strategic objective in any organization.
Our programs of mentor development cater for this area of need. Coaching and mentoring share many similarities so that they both focus on team potential and unleashing the potential of people and the organization.
Common aspects include:
- Facilitate the exploration of needs, motivations, desires, skills and thought processes to assist the individual in making real, lasting change.
- Use questioning techniques to facilitate client’s own thought processes in order to identify solutions and actions rather than taking a wholly directive approach.
- Support the individuals and people in setting appropriate goals plus methods of assessing progress in relation to these goals.
- Observe, listen and ask questions to understand the client’s situation.
- Creatively apply tools and techniques which may include one-to-one training, facilitating, counselling & networking.
- Encourage a commitment to action and the development of lasting personal growth & change.
- Maintain unconditional, positive regard for the client, which means that the coach is at all times supportive and non-judgemental of the client, their views, lifestyle and aspirations.
- Ensure that people develop personal competencies and do not develop unhealthy dependencies on the coaching or mentoring relationship.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the process, using objective measures wherever possible to ensure that the relationship is successful and that people are achieving their personal goals.
- Encourage people to continually improve competencies and to develop new developmental alliances where necessary to achieve their goals.
- Work within their area of personal competence.
- Manage the relationship to ensure the client receives the appropriate level of service and that programs are neither too short, nor too long.