From time to time all individuals in the workplace will face conversations which they anticipate will be difficult and which they may feel ill-equipped to handle. Instigating a difficult conversation can feel daunting and there is a natural tendency for people to delay acting in the hopes that the issue will be resolved without their intervention.
Handling contentious issues requires a somewhat different approach from that used in regular everyday conversations and dealing with workplace conflict or managing difficult people is a process not an event.
What you will learn
- Recognise and handle different types of difficult behaviours.
- Why people avoid conflict; the barriers to difficult conversations.
- Deal with criticism from others in constructive ways.
- Develop an assertive approach without being either aggressive or submissive.
- Framing discussions and employing key communication skills.
- Learn tactics of how to give difficult constructive feedback.
This course broadly targets all individuals regardless of their functional background and is designed to shed light on the importance of how to confidently and comfortably conduct tough conversations, think about them differently and how to be better able to prepare, get started, and stay centred. They will leave the course with the confidence and practical skills to manage difficult conversations with colleagues, staff and managers, as well as external stakeholders and customers.
Course Price: €2,250.00
Recommended Assessment: Difficult Conversations Self-assessment
Downloadable Course Resources
Micro Learning: Articles, Tips, Recommended Reading
Macro Learning: Digital Practicum- Assignments