The business acumen simulation allows participants to discover in a practical manner how decisions in all functional areas of an organisation influence each other and impact on the overall profitability of the organisation. This reinforces the understanding of the key drivers for business success and the importance of cross-functional cooperation.
Our business simulations place individuals in the role of executive management at a multi-million-dollar company, competing directly against other real or simulated teams to grab market share and grow their business.
How it works:
- Analyze: Participants begin by analyzing the industry, the markets and their competition by reading reports.
- Formulate: Participants use the information gathered to formulate a business strategy to grow their business.
- Execute: Participants execute key decisions across the four major functions: R&D, Marketing, Production and Finance.
What you will learn
- Developing business strategies and consequences of active implementation.
- Assessing decisions in respect to being customer and market driven.
- Understanding demanding market environments (adaptable to major markets and customer requirements).
- The importance of decision-making and dealing with organisational and customer diversity.
- Understanding organisational interrelationships and dynamics.
- Cultivating a cross-functional approach to optimising results. Understanding what builds value in an organisation and the key drivers for business success.
- Understanding financial and performance measurement, performance management at all levels.
- Utilising performance management (including the Scorecard Principles) as a management tool rather than just ‘performance measurement’.
- Linking “hard” business skills with “soft” issues, i.e. interpersonal skills and leadership.
This course broadly targets all individuals and is designed to shed light on the importance of organisational skills as a key competency, where attendees will define strategies for managing times, and reassessing their job priorities leading them to become more effective in their role. The course will also focus on the importance of delegation in saving time and leading to work efficiency. An important aspect of personal effectiveness is the ability to define and deal with personal and work-related stress, which will be also covered in this course.
Course Price: €2,750.00
Recommended Tool: The Online Capsim© Simulation
Downloadable Course Resources
Micro Learning: Articles, Tips, Recommended Reading
Macro Learning: Digital Practicum- Assignments